Duck Haven Wildlife Retreat
390± Acres on the North Platte River in western Nebraska
Land is Located North of Melbeta, NE at 16041 Hwy L79E.
Prime Waterfowl, Upland Bird, & Big Game Habitat ▪ ½ mile River Channel Access on both sides of the North Platte! ▪ 2 Warm Water Sloughs ▪ Lakes ▪ Hunting Lodge ▪ Farm Ground
Hunker down on this North Platte river wildlife retreat! This amazing duck haven offers river channel access, warm-water sloughs, and exceptional waterfowl, upland bird, and big game habitat. This area is a hidden gem in the waterfowl world and this property is a RARE opportunity to control both sides of ½ mile of the river! This nice tract is comprised of 390 ± taxed acres featuring 2 river channels for hunting access, 4 lakes, a 70± acre island with great habitat, a beautiful lodge, and income-producing farm land.
Currently, the property houses 6 waterfowl blinds with room for several more on the 1 mile of huntable river channels. Three-quarters of a mile of warm-water sloughs and 4 lakes make for amazing Duck hunting when the cold weather arrives in the Nebraska panhandle. Underground electricity is buried to the “Lake Blind” providing power for lights in the blind and ice eaters on the lake that keep the water open during the cold spells and attracting waterfowl. World Class Whitetail Deer take refuge on the 70± Acre island and Merriam Turkeys roost in large cotton wood, willows, ash, & Russian olives trees throughout the property. In the warmer months, the lakes provide excellent fishing for several species.
The property also features a beautiful 1,568 sq. ft., 3 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom Lodge with over-sized 4-car garage. This great space will sleep 8 comfortably and offers many great hunting retreat amenities including a game cleaning station and indoor/outdoor kennels.
The balance of the land is used for grazing and farming. A nice 166± Acre Meadow has produced 2-ton hay crops and is capable of running 50+ pairs. The north and south boundaries of the property (approximately 43± total acres) are currently farmed. Several improvements make this a full-service facility for livestock including loafing sheds, working corrals, and a loadout chute.
ASKING PRICE: $2,450,000.00
- Hunting Lodge: 1568 Sq.ft. 3 Bed Room 2 Bathroom, Built in 2004, Comfortably Sleeps 8 Hunters
- Central Heat/ Air Conditioning in Living Part of Home
- Large Mudroom with Propane Heat and Lots of Storage, Hanging Racks for Waders, Coats, and Hunting Apparel
- Oversized 4 Car Garage, Heated, Insulated, Commercial Stainless Steel Game Cleaning Station, Big Screen TV, Surround Sound System, Full Concrete Floor, Electric Over Head Doors with Key Pad Entry System
- Pet Friendly Lodge with Indoor/outdoor Dog Kennels, Connected directly to the Garage
- Large Deck on Lodge Offers Stunning Views over the North Platte River and Abundant Wildlife
- Livestock Facilities: 2 Loafing Sheds, Complete Set of Working Corrals, Built with Continuous Panels, Pipe, “Bud Box”, Powder River Alley and Squeeze Chute, Loadout Chute for Semi Trailer or Stock Trailer
- Owner Rated at 50+ Pairs of Cattle From May to November, this Includes Grazing Stalks
- Meadow has Water right under Castle Rock & Minatare Irrigation Districts
- Meadow will Produce 2-3 ton of Hay per Acre on 166± Acres.
- 43± total tillable Acres Farm Ground
- Electric pump in lake provides water for food plots
For more information, please call Del Ray Kraupie at (308) 262-1150