JELL Ranch Pasture
900 Acres +/-, Box Butte County, Nebraska
SOLD! $547,780 ($610/Acre)
Friday, February 8th, 2019 • 1:30pm
Sale to be Held in Hemingford, Nebraska at the American Legion Hall, 713 Box Butte Avenue.
Gently Rolling Pasture with Good Access. Cross Fenced into 4 Pastures.
Grass For Sale at Auction – Alliance, NE! Located on the North end of Box Butte County just South of the Niobrara River and East of Sand Canyon Creek. Gently Rolling Pasture with Good Access and Great Views. Consisting of 898 Taxed Acres, the Ranch is cross fenced with three and four wire barbed wire fence into 4 Pastures for rotational grazing. Water is piped from main well in the center of the property to two 30’ tanks with cement bottoms. Well is drilled to 300’ Depth with the pump set at 280’. There are shutoffs at the well site for the pipelines going North and South. Owner rated at 200 head of yearlings for a 5 month season. The majority of the pasture is native grass with the balance being seeded grasses from past Cultivation.
JELL Ranch Pasture Information
- There is a stop and drain valve at each tank used to run the water to the desired tank.
- Well was run with the pipeline valve in the pit closed about half way.
- Well will pump air if valve is left completely open and ran for several hours.
- With the valve half shut, the well will run for 8-10 hours a day in the hottest of weather and there was more than enough water for 200 head of yearlings
- The wrench for the north tank is inside the tank lying on the bottom near the valve.
- The valve on the north tank is sticky, john would pour a cup of wd40 down the valve rod pipe and carefully rock the valve back and forth until it was free.
- There is a timer in the well pit under the over turned stock tank. the valves to the pipeline are also in this pit, but john never used these valves, he just shut the tanks off at the valve in the tank.
- The Tanks are 28’ with concrete bottoms and overflows. The tanks can be used in the winter!
- The meter at the well has been hit by lightning twice in 15 years.
- There was an old prairie dog town in the pasture and John said you will see a rattle snake once a year!
- DCP Cropland 400.18
- Wheat Base 135.4 Acres w/ PLC Yield of 36bu.
- Oats 11.6 Acres w/ PLC Yield of 34bu.
- Barley 13.5 Acres w/ PLC Yield of 32bu.
- Total Base of 160.5 Acres.
Legal: E ½ of Section 10, & All of Section 3, Township 28, North Range 48 Except 13 Acres in North West ¼ All West of the 6th P.M. Box Butte County, Nebraska.
Located: North of Alliance, Nebraska on Highway 87 16 miles to Junction L7E, 3 Miles West to County Road 62, Then 7 Miles North to Property Entrance. Or 9 Miles East of Hemingford, Nebraska on L7E to County Road 62 then 7 Miles North.
2018 Real Estate Tax: $5,409.28
Minerals:Seller is reserving NONE of the existing minerals.
Possession: Buyer will have full possession on closing which will be on or before March 12th, 2019.
Sale Day Deposit: $40,000
Terms: The Land is to be sold for Cash. All financial arrangements must be made prior to sale. The Sale is subject to Seller Confirmation, however it is the desire of the Sellers to sell the property to the highest and best bidder. Sale Deposit due upon being the successful bidder with the balance due at Closing on or before March 12th, 2019.
John & Elaine Potmesil
NOTE: Information Obtained From Sources Deemed To Be Reliable, But Is Not Guaranteed. Buyers should note: Interested parties should and are expected to conduct their own analysis. All Agent’s representing Kraupie’s Real Estate & Auctioneers are working as Seller’s Agents. Buyer’s and Agents should note, we will not accept Sub-agency without prior written consent.